The Smart Rebates™ program is an energy rebates program managed by Smart Charging Technologies LLC (SCT) that allows our client companies to receive rebates from the California Air Resources Board (CARB) through the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS). To alleviate the complexity of navigating the CARB and LCFS program, SCT will administer and manage these rebates on behalf of our client companies while allowing customers to receive a steady stream of revenue from the LCFS program. SCT services will be fully covered from LCFS revenue streams with no out of pocket costs to our customers.
Benefits to Our Client Companies
As a participant in the program, your company will receive payments each quarter based on electricity supplied to forklifts and material handling equipment (MHE) measured in kWHrs. Typical earnings vary and can range from $25 to $50 (or even more) per charger per quarter for as long as your company remains enrolled and qualifies for LCFS credits. Payments are made on a quarterly basis and are typically paid out within ~3 months after the end of the reporting quarter. Note that electricity usage, and subsequent earnings, can vary due to several factors such as equipment mix (class 1/2/3 trucks), load weights and lifting heights, duty cycle, battery charger efficiency, and business seasonality.
SCT will partner with our client companies and work with our partners and service providers to:
- Assess whether the company qualifies for the LCFS rebates
- Develop and implement the program’s measurement and reporting tool for the client company
- Collect information on the client company’s forklift and material handling equipment (MHE) fleet
- Administer the rebate program allowing the client company to easily opt-in and receive revenues from the LCFS program
- Register the client company into the LCFs program; generate reports and compliance work, create environmental attributes, generate credits, aggregate credits, broker/sell credits, and distribute earnings to our client companies.
SCT will administer the rebates program, generate and file required reports, generate credits, aggregate your company’s credits with credits generated by other Smart Rebates™ participants, sell the aggregated credits to regulated parties, and send payments to the client company.
How to Participate?
To participate in the Smart RebatesTMprogram, our client companies need to:
- Sign the participation / opt-in agreement
- Allow SCT or its service provider access to their data from forklift truck/MHE fleet as well as the battery chargers
- Allow SCT or its service provider to do site surveys and follow up site visits to collect equipment information and retrieve required data
- Quarterly inform SCT or its service provider with any changes (additions or deletions) of your forklift trucks / MHE fleets
How to Earn Smart Rebates?
Client companies must opt-in and give Smart Charging Technologies permission to manage your environmental attributes. An environmental attribute is generated from each kWh of electricity used in your electric forklift trucks and certain other electric or alternative-fueled vehicles and equipment. Smart Charging Technologies will then sell the environmental attributes on a quarterly basis to create revenue for the companies that enroll and opt-in to Smart Charging Technologies Smart Rebates Program.
For more information about SCT’s Smart Rebates program, please contact SCT at email@example.com.